How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our App to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our App, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order fulfilment);
- when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and
- when you browse and use our App (before and after you create an account with us).
We might also receive information about you from someone else (for instance, from your bank or social media accounts but only where you have agreed that they can share your information). We will let you know if this happens and we are not already processing information about you.
Information We Collect From You
When you visit the App or make an order through the App, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information.
We also collect information about your usage of the App and information about you from any messages you post to the App or when you contact us or provide us with feedback via our chat function.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our App.
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any food allergies.
Use Of Your Information
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the App;
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so — for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
- to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- to tailor content that we display to you, for example so that we can show you the advertising which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible and to provide a positive customer experience;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the App or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in anew area, where you have asked us to do so;
- to send you information by post about our products, services and promotions (if you do not want to receive these, you can let us know by getting in touch (see Contact Details));
- to analyse your activity on the App so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect our rights (including to prevent fraud);
- where you have chosen to receive push notifications from us, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing.
Please see 'Your Rights' section below for more information.Where we rely on legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal information, we carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests. You can find out more information about these balancing tests by contacting us using the details above.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- create a record of your order(s); and/or
- comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
Retention of Your Information
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of Your Information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests (see section on 'Use of Your Personal Information' above);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with includes:
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
- in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
- to protect our rights, including to prevent fraud; and
- with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police.
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU.